Sticks Gallery/ Live Art Local CIC is on the lookout for an intern to join our small but perfectly formed team.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in Contemporary Art and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Understanding/experience of blogging platforms/ social media desirable.
Age is not an issue, nor is experience in a similar role.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Help out in Sticks Gallery one day a week during exhibitions (4 hrs a week)
- Help with one off events, such as Fun Palaces
- Help with the install/deinstall of exhibitions
- Distributing Flyers
- Writing blog posts/ general website contributions
- Input/Upload information and exhibition details to online directories
- General Arts Administration duties and other roles as required
Although this is an UNPAID position there are a number of benefits to the role; these are as laid out below:
- Experience in a new up and coming arts organisation
- Space to work upstairs when not on duty in the gallery (during opening hours or when other staff member there)
- FREE Membership of Sticks Affiliate Artists
- £10 a week travel/food allowance
- Chance for progression and to run own projects (dependent on funding)
If you would like to apply for this role then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why you want the role; what you can bring to the role and what experience you have in the areas we have specified.
We will get back to everyone who contacts us.